The Bass Centre, London, England is pleased to announce the launch of a brand new addition to its British Bass Masters Series – Betsy is a tribute to British bass playing legend, Guy Pratt – multi-instrumentalist, Grammy Award winning songwriter, actor, comedian and author – whose extensive bass playing career includes work with acts as diverse as Icehouse, Robert Palmer, Bryan Ferry, Iggy Pop, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, and, most recently, psychedelic supergroup Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets.
This new Bass Centre exclusive reimagines the storied Burgundy Mist Jazz bass christened “Betsy” which has been one of Guy’s go-to instruments since 1987. Purchased from the legendary John Entwistle after Guy’s mate Johnny Marr insisted that if they were going to play together he needed a Fender – a good one! (It was actually Johnny who inspired the nickname ‘Betsy’), Guy collected the original 1964 beauty from the Bass Centre’s Wapping HQ in London, after a set-up by the store’s long-serving, in-house tech Chris Ward.
Bass Collection on tour a cross the world is testament to the success of the project. As he himself enthuses : “It’s a fab instrument, and very reasonably priced.”The Bass Centre Betsy
• Classic Burgundy Mist finish, with mint-green scratchplate.
• EMG active J pickups
• Satin finish “Super Slim Sixties” Maple neck with Maccasar Ebony fingerboard
• Original, vintage style, roller bridge
• Original 60’s style control knobs
• Strung with Bass Centre Elites Stadium Series stainless steel roundwound strings
• Built in South Korea, in the same factory responsible for the Bass Centre’s superb Bass Collection range.
• Complete with Bass Centre padded gig bag and 12 month warranty.
• UK/EU Price: £595.00 • Export Price (USA/Australia/Worldwide) : £495.83
AVAILABLE NOW :