“The bassist finds work for idle hands, or something along those lines…”
Any number of things can go wrong when you’re a bass player on tour. From moments of absolute genius to moments of downright stupidity and outrage. There are some rock ‘n’ roll stories that you just couldn’t make up! A spin off from the original documentary – Beneath The Bassline, which premiered at the 2017 Doc ’N Roll Film Festival in London – we’ve tried to capture as many as we can for this film.
- Marcus Miller (Miles Davis, Luther Vandross, Aretha Franklin)
- Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck & The Flecktones)
- David Ellefson (Megadeth)
- Michael League (Snarky Puppy)
- Tal Wilkenfeld (Jeff Beck)
- Billy Sheehan (Talas, Mr Big)
- John Patitucci (Chick Corea, Wayne Shorter)
- Duff McKagan (Guns N, Roses)
- Tim Lefebvre (David Bowie)
- Robert Trujillo (Metallica)
- Hugh McDonald (Bon Jovi)
- Christian McBride (Diana Krall, Roy Haynes, Wynton Marsalis)
- Thundercat (Flying Lotus)
- Jon Thorne (Lamb)
- Nik West (Prince, Dave Stewart)
- and many more!
The Kickstarter campaign will fund completion of the film. So far we’ve gathered some unbelievable interviews, and now we need your help to get it across the finish line. Everything we raise above our goal will go towards keeping us on track with our deadlines. Below are the areas of the production to which we will be directing campaign funds.
- Editing, Colour Grading and Post Production.
- Film Graphics and Animation.
- Sound Design and Audio Mix.
- Delivery to Digital Platforms.
THE GOAL – The goal of this campaign is £2000.Whether you’re already supporting the film, or if you just want some cool and exclusive merch, you can get involved. The film will happen no matter what, but with your support, we will be able to dedicate even more time and resources to making it even better!
To learn more: Click Here