Adding to the company's line of boutique effects pedals, Vs Audio effects introduces its latest offering: the BlackBird Overdrive, a pedal that succeeds in generating blackface/brownface-style drive and works as a flexible tone-sculpting platform.
There are lots of amp-in-a-box-style pedals and while some are great, many are less dynamic-nailing one particular type of tone well, but failing flat when you deviate from that path. In this regard, the BlackBird is very different. It nails in an unbelievable way black & brownface tones, from almost clean & light to quite gainy overdrive with natural compression. Specially designed and thoughtfully voiced for those who seek a responsive to pick dynamics with tone clarity overdrive in a pedalboard friendly size.Placing the BlackBird further down your effects chain reveals its ability to function like a true preamp, giving other overdrives and dirt boxes a glassy blackface or a spongy brownface touch.
BlackBird offers the following features:
• Three knobs to control Volume, Drive, Tone.
• Era toggle switch to choose between Blackface '65 or Brownface '63 style sounds.
• Gain toggle switch to carefully choose compression and select the amount of Drive.
• 9-18VDC supply operation for maximum headroom.
• Parallel mode relay switching (True Bypass)
BlackBird available May 28 2021 at selected dealers worldwide, with street price of $219.
For more visit: VS Audio