Not many bass guitar designs have found wider favor around the world than the Fender Jazz Bass. Now, the Fender Rarities Flame Ash Top Jazz Bass takes the legendary J Bass sound, looks, and playing experience to the next level in an awesome American-made gigging and recording instrument with a stunning flame ash top, gloss nitro finish, and custom electronics. Your hand will wrap comfortably around the fast ’60s C neck contour, as you deploy classic J Bass growl and old-school low end served up by a pair of Pure Vintage ’64 single-coil J Bass pickups. The Fender Rarities Flame Ash Top Jazz Bass is available in limited quantities.
The Fender Rarities Flame Ash Top Jazz Bass wears a gorgeous vintage-style nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Lacquer finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing; they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. This bass delivers the look, feel, and sound of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Ask any bassist who has spent time with the slim ’60s C-shaped maple neck profile on a Fender Jazz Bass, and you will hear a string of descriptors ranging from incredibly fast and silky to awesome and one-of-a-kind. With a nut width of just 1.5″ and a luxuriously bound, 9.5″-radius ebony fingerboard with vintage-tall frets, this neck sits beautifully in the hands and features a touch and response dynamic that opens wide the doors of stylistic exploration.
Fender Rarities Flame Ash Top Jazz Bass Features:
- Alder body, flame ash top; gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Maple neck, ’60s C profile, gloss polyurethane finish
- Ebony fingerboard, 9.5″ radius, pearloid dot inlays
- 34″ scale length; 21 Vintage Tall frets
- Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass bridge and middle pickups
- Middle and bridge Volume controls; Master Tone control
- 3-Ply black/white/black pickguard
- 4-saddle vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles
- 1.5″ bone nut; Pure Vintage reverse open-gear tuners
- Quality crafted in USA
For more visit: Fender