EarthQuaker Devices announces the newest addition to their lineup of aural accouterment. The Aurelius is not your run-of-the-mill chorus pedal. Choose from Vibrato Mode, Chorus Mode, or Rotary Mode and manipulate their Width, Rate, and Balance to achieve your ideal sound. Shift seamlessly from one mode to another to cop a blend that is all your own. One simple tap of the Preset switch and you can summon up to six settings of your choosing at will.
Inspired by the 1970s CE-1 Chorus Ensemble pedal, this digital unit has been tirelessly tweaked and fine-tuned to give you an all-encompassing chorus and vibrato experience like nothing else. EQD Founder Jamie Stillman took it way back to the 1940s and the advent of the Leslie speaker to boldly capture the sound of its rotating baffle system for the Rotary Mode. He studied the way that the horn and the rotor moved on Leslie speakers and emulated the phasing and speeds of the low-frequency oscillator, exaggerating the hell out of them to make it suitable for guitar, bass, or your instrument of choice.
The Aurelius is equipped with an expression control so you can use any TRS expression pedal to manipulate the Width, Rate or Balance. Put it in Vibrato Mode and you’ll have a really subtle chorus with a seasick vibrato and alternate quickly between the two seamlessly. And that’s only one mode. The possibilities are endless.
Each and every Aurelius is hand-crafted in Akron, Ohio, USA, and is inspected by the spirit of speaker innovator Donald Leslie.
- Three-voice chorus with the ability to save and recall six presets:
- Vibrato Mode: a familiar traditional chorus-type effect that leans towards vibrato with a triangle LFO modulating a short delay line
- Chorus Mode: a blend of chorus and flanger. It has more warmth and slower rates than Vibrato Mode and uses a sine wave LFO to modulate the delay line.
- Rotary Mode: a rotary chorus effect modeled after the sound of a Leslie speaker cabinet
- User-assignable expression control
- Two global operating modes which are indicated by the color of the Save/Recall switch: Green = Live Mode / Red = Preset Mode
- Inspired by the 1970s CE-1 Chorus Ensemble pedal
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching with Flexi-Switch® Technology
- Lifetime warranty
- Current Draw: 75 mA
- Input impedance: 500 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 100 Ω
- List Price: $199 USD
For more visit earthquakerdevices.com