The Austrian custom bass builder BITE Guitars presents another stunning showpiece, the Pussycat Bass. It sports a bold leopard pattern spray-painted by hand seamlessly all around the body, scratchplate and pickup.
Spray-painting is the latest artwork technique BITE has added to their eye-catching arsenal, which also includes digital print, lasering, inlays, decals and textile wrapping.
Technically speaking, the Pussycat Bass is one of BITE’s Punch bass models which features a symmetric waist and their proprietary passive 1000mV high-output split-coil pickup.
BITE Guitars builds two lines of passive 4-string basses: The BITE online CONFIGURATOR offers over a billion bass configurations and immediate ordering on www.bite.guitars/configurator, prices are around 1,000$. BITE’s second line is called BELLS & WHISTLES, this is their premium line offering hundreds of sound configurations, any hardware under the sun, and fancy individual artwork. Premium prices range from 1,000$ to 2,000$: www.bite.guitars/bw.
The BITE Pussycat Punch Bass:
EU price: €1.523,- incl. VAT excl. shipping
USA price: $1,537.- excl. shipping and import charges
- BITE model: Punch Bass
- Pickups: Passive BITE Guitars® 1000mV split coil
- Body: US alder (alnus rubra)
- Neck: Vintage tinted hard maple (acer saccharum), 41.9mm nut width, D profile, backside matte spead finish
- Fretboard & headstock: Vintage tinted hard maple (acer saccharum) & black blocks & binding & short headstock (SH)
- Nut: Black Graph Tech
- Control knobs: Diamond domes in black
- Tuners: BITE Guitars® Y tuners in black
- Bridge: Gotoh brass in black
- Neck plate: Black
- Strap buttons: Vintage black
- Screw color: Gold
- 4 strings: D’Addario EXL170 nickel roundwounds
- Scale: 34″ Long scale
For More: Click Here