Ernie Ball Music Man introduces the all-new Joe Dart Signature Bass collection. Built upon the success of the original Joe Dart Signature Bass, Ernie Ball Music Man and Vulfpeck’s Joe Dart have developed two new additions for 2021: the Joe Dart in Black Velvet and the all-new Joe Dart Jr. (Short Scale) in Olympic White.
The Joe Dart Jr. is limited to only 50 instruments worldwide.
● Joe Dart
The Joe Dart Artist Series Signature Bass is perfect for players who love simplified controls with a rich passive tone. The Joe Dart bass features a lightweight ash body, 22 stainless steel frets, one humbucking pickup, .045 - .105 Ernie Ball Flatwound Bass Strings, and one volume control for a distinguished funky low-end punch and attack you won't find on other passive basses.
○ Available in Natural Velvet or the all-new Black Velvet finish.
● Joe Dart Jr.
○ The Joe Dart Jr Artist Series Signature Bass is the younger sibling of the popular Joe Dart bass. With its custom contoured body and simplified single humbucking layout, the Joe Dart Jr packs a serious punch in a convenient smaller package. The bass features a lightweight ash body, select maple neck, and a passive neodymium pickup that is at the heart of its warm, punchy tonality.
○ No controls or equalization to color the sound; the tone is manipulated solely by the user's technique and finesse. Finished in Olympic White, the Dart Jr is nicely outfitted with 22 stainless steel frets, chrome hardware, and comes set up tuned down to C standard with custom .045 - .105 Ernie Ball Short Scale Flatwound Bass Strings.
○ In their first-ever partnership, Ernie Ball Music Man and Mono have joined forces to offer the all-new Joe Dart JR Signature Bass Guitar with a Mono M80 “Vertigo” Gig Bag.
○ The Joe Dart Jr is limited to just 50 instruments worldwide
The Joe Dart Artist Series Signature Bass Collection is now available exclusively through www.music-man.com
Vulfpeck founding members Jack Stratton, Joe Dart, Woody Goss, and Theo Katzman were all incredible musicians before ever getting in a room together, each studying at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. But what followed has been an illustrious case study in artistic creativity and freedom. The band went viral in 2014 for their album Sleepify, a 10-track silent release meant to be played overnight, gaming the Spotify system in an effort to use those royalties to crowdfund their dream of an admission-free tour that later took place in the Fall of 2014. Just four years later, Vulfpeck became one of the only bands to ever sell out Madison Square Garden without a record label or manager.
ABOUT ERNIE BALL
In 1962, veteran player and guitar teacher Ernie Ball created Slinkys®, the innovative light gauge electric guitar strings widely revered by thousands of iconic players including Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Brad Paisley, Slash, John Petrucci, Angus Young, and John Mayer. The strings are all crafted in Coachella, CA. Ernie Ball also offers state-of-the-art instrument accessories that are carried in more than 6,000 stores in the U.S. and 120 countries worldwide. Officially purchasing the Music Man® company in 1984, Sterling, joined later by his sons Scott and Brian, has built a team of dedicated professionals based in San Luis Obispo, CA who collectively share a common goal: to produce the highest caliber of hand-crafted instruments available. Originally founded by Tom Walker, Forrest White and Leo Fender in 1974, Music Man built its name leading an industry revolution, introducing active electronics on its production instruments. As part of the team during the ’70s, Sterling Ball played an important role in the design and development of the iconic StingRay basses. The family-run company maintains its founder's dedication to preserving the musician's playing experience and delivering superior sound quality through the development of new products, such as Cobalt Slinkys, M-Steel, Earthwood, and the revolutionary Element Shield Packaging, keeping each set as fresh as the day they were made. The company also fosters artist development through musician-focused programs such as the world's largest and longest-running unsigned artist programs, where bands compete each year for the chance to play live on national tours, festivals, and events. Visit them online at www.ernieball.com and www.music-man.com.