An all-discrete analog distortion enhancement device designed to add extra grit and boost without drastically altering tone.
The Special Cranker picks up where the Speaker Cranker left off. It has the same spongy, dynamic, and touch-sensitive character of the original but with more gain, double the output volume (now with a user-friendly Level control), an added Tone control to shape your signal, and a diode selector switch featuring the original asymmetrical Silicon diodes as well as a hot, new Germanium diode option. The More control goes from nearly clean to a medium gain overdrive when at maximum. This control adjusts the bias of the transistor, so you may hear a little noise as you turn the control.The gain characteristics are dependent on which diodes are chosen.
When the Germanium diodes are selected, the Special Cranker delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output, while the Silicon diodes add a brighter, more modern edge and higher output. Both are responsive to playing dynamics and offer a high-level of clarity. The Tone control gives the user full command over treble frequencies, cutting the highs when counterclockwise and adding a slight high frequency boost when turned clockwise. The Level control adjusts the output from nothing to nearly double at maximum.
- Gives your signal extra grit and boost without drastically altering your tone and retains all of the natural nuances and character of your amplifier
- Two distinct clipping modes that are both exceptionally responsive to playing dynamics: Germanium and Silicon
- Germanium mode delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output
- Silicon mode delivers a brighter, more modern response with higher output
- At maximum gain, the Special Cranker can achieve explosive overbiased tones depending on the output of your pickups
- Flexible Tone control to give the user full command over the treble frequencies for excellent tone shaping and clarity
- All-analog signal path
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching with Flexi-Switch Technology
- Lifetime warranty
- Current Draw: 15 mA
- Input Impedance: ≈5 MΩ
- Output Impedance: <25 kΩ
Price: $99.00 USD
For more visit: EQD