After the overwhelming reception of American Professional II by players around the globe, Fender released an all-new video with acclaimed bassist Nik West. Watch as she shows off her bass superpowers on the American Professional II Jazz Bass and listen to her explain her transformation from regular everyday life to the stage!
About American Professional II Series:
- Made by hand in Corona, CA, the American Professional II Series is a stage-ready lineup of 10 new electric guitars and basses that embodies the best of what artists want and need.
- Feature a deep “C” neck profile and rolled fingerboards for comfort
- A sculpted neck heel offers more accessibility to the guitar’s upper register and an ergonomic playing experience.
- Feature push-pull switching, new V-Mod II pickups and voicings that are sonically pleasing across all music genres, staggered tuners and polyurethane finishes.
- New hero colors include Miami Blue (Stratocaster®), Dark Knight (Telecaster®), 3-Color Burst (Jazzmaster®), Mercury (Precision Bass®) and Mystic Surf Green (Jazz Bass®).
About Nik West:
She sports a colorful mohawk shaped like a bass clef. Explosive stage presence isn't enough to describe the way Nik West moves, wows, and shocks crowds everywhere. "She is a real life gumby on stage, all while singing, dancing, and slapping the hell out of her bass guitar!" With credits that include work with Quincy Jones Productions, Prince, Glee, American Idol, Dave Stewart of Eurythmics fame, and more, bassist, singer, and songwriter Nik West is anything more than just another pretty face.
Noted music journalist Alex Henderson (Billboard) sums West’s incredible talent up saying “Nik West is one 21st Century artist who isn’t lacking in the chops department. She is a young electric bassist who clearly knows her way around her instrument and plays like she has been inspired by the funky likes of Larry Graham, Louis Johnson (of Brothers Johnson fame) and Marcus Miller." She is also a highly expressive singer. Known for impressively recording a cover of "Back In Black" by AC/DC, Nik shocked many rock fanatics and became a new favorite of Steven Tyler and Lenny Kravitz.
She has also shared stages with John Mayer, Sugarland, Macy Gray, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton/Parliament Funkadelic, and Orianthi. In June 2016 Nik joined Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, and Slash as a cover girl for American Musical Magazine. She has appeared on the covers of virtually every bass magazine and has been featured in numerous publications for People Magazine, Vanity Fair, Teen Vogue, Rollingstone, Ok! Magazine, Billboard, Afropunk and more. “Nik West is definitely bringing back the funk groovement and I love everything about what she stands for!” -Bootsy Collins
For more visit: Fender